Open Water Diver
The Open Water Diver Referral course is a subprogram of the full PADI Open Water Diver course.
Did you already pass the theory and/or the confined water section of the PADI Open Water Diver course somewhere in the world, and you want finish your course in the tropical waters of Thailand? Then the Open Water Diver Referral course is made for you.
You will be qualified for
- Diving together with a buddy to a maximum depth of 18 meters (12 meters for kids under 12)
- Continue your dive career by following the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification and taking certain specialty diver courses.
The PADI Open Water Diver Referral course consists of the remaining parts to be completed:
- Knowledge development (online independent study or in the classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving.
- Confined water dives (pool) to learn basic scuba skills
- Open water dives to use your skills and explore
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Prerequisites: you need to be able to swim
- Pool sessions: 0 or 1 (up to 1 day)
- N° of dives : 1 to 4 (1 or 2 days), at Phi Phi Islands
- Max depth: 18 meters (12 meters for kids under 12)
- Duration: 1 to 3 days
- Student/Instructor ratio: 4:1 max
- Price: 4,900 Baht per day (plus national park fee)
- Additionally 2,500 Baht if you need a new PIC (registration code) for your certification
- National park entrance fee (valid for 3 days) : 400 Baht
- National park diving fee (valid for 1 day) : 200 Baht
(Discounts apply for children under 15)
- Full equipment
- Full service boat trip (food and soft drinks)
- Digital book and PADI materials
- Free hotel pick up (Ao Nang area)
- Pick up from hotel around 07:15
- Return to hotel around 18:30
(Approximate time – subject to change on the day)