Open Water Diver
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, then this is where it starts. The PADI Open Water Diver course teaches you all the basic ins and outs about scuba diving. The course is developed to quickly understand basic dive theory and water skills, needed to become a safe and qualified diver. This course will allow you to dive independently with a qualified buddy.
Get you scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course.
You will be qualified for
- Diving in buddy team to a maximum depth of 18 meters (12 meters for kids under 12)
- Continue your dive career by following the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification and taking certain specialty diver courses
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases :
- Knowledge development (online independent study or in the classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving.
- Confined water dives (pool) to learn basic scuba skills
- Open water dives to use your skills and explore
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Prerequisites: must be comfortable in the water
- Pool sessions: 1 (1 day)
- N° of dives : 4 (2 days)
- Max depth: 18 meters (12 meters for kids under 12)
- Duration: 3 days
- Student/Instructor ratio: 4:1 max
- Price: 14,400 Baht for Phi Phi
11,900 Baht for local islands
(plus national park fee)
- 2,000 Baht discount with PADI elearning
- 1,900 Baht additionally per person if an extra day in the pool is needed
- Marine park entrance fee (valid for 3 days) : 400 Baht
- Marine park diving fee (Valid for 1 day) : 200 Baht
(Discounts apply for children under 15)
* Park fees need to be paid officially, but are rarely collected at the local islands.
If the rangers don’t come to collect, you don’t need to pay.
- Full equipment
- Full service boat trip (food and soft drinks)
- Digital book and PADI materials
- Free hotel pick up (Ao Nang area)
- Pick up from hotel around 07:15
- Return to hotel around 18:30
(Approximate time – subject to change on the day)